To be eligible for selection to the undergraduate medical course, a candidate should have:
• Completed 17 years of age, and
• Completed 10+2 years of education or Intermediate of Science or equivalent, with English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects and he/she must have passed in all the subjects mentioned above, securing not less than 50% of marks in the subjects mentioned above put together and also obtain an aggregate of 50% overall.
Completed B.Sc. degree recognized by the university with one of the following subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least one other prescribed science subject of study up to the ancillary level and he/she should have scored not less than aggregate of 50% marks; provided that such candidate shall have passed the earlier qualifying examination (10+2 or an equivalent examination) with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
A candidate admitted to the course in the University Medical School or any of the affiliated medical colleges shall register with the University by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form for registration duly filled in and forwarded to the University through the Dean of the School or the Principal of the affiliated college within the stipulated date.
The selection of the candidates is by:
a. Kathmandu University Medical Test (KUMET) for Nepali Citizens followed by interview at NMC under self financing scheme.
b. Interview for international candidates by NMC under self-financing scheme.
1. Candidates who are the citizens of India must submit Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi for registration of MBBS application forms at NMC for the selection test by interview, failing which, the candidates will be debarred from taking the selection test.
2. The final approval for admission of international students to the MBBS program at Nepal Medical College lies with Kathmandu University. Hence, all those international students selected by Nepal Medical College for MBBS program to be started in February 2009, shall only have the status of provisional admission after selection interview until approved by granting of University Registration Number by Kathmandu University.
The nature of interview shall be the same for the Nepalese and international students and students shall be selected on merit basis only.
3. Nomination from Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education for freeship of 10% of total admission number. Interview by NMC shall not be required for the Government nominated candidates.