Friday, February 4, 2011

Sallie Mae, A Family Gal Who Cares

It's just too easy to pick on Ms. Mae and Mr. Nelnet!

I can't help myself when it comes to blasting them. It's possible that I could dedicate the rest of my writing career to unearthing all the terrible shit they do to people, and I could probably write about 1000 pieces a day. That would be the tip of the iceberg. Wouldn't that be fun?

This particular story, about Ms. Mae, made the debtor and me laugh.

Here's one way Sallie Mae shows her concern for families:

Hi, Cryn,

I had to share this with you . . .
 

I wrote a letter to Sallie Mae a couple of weeks ago, and stated that I was in desperate need [and asked them] to work with me, that my family was being torn apart because of their loans, and that I felt like my only options were them working with me, or offing myself [my emphasis].

Their response?

They sent me some life insurance forms for my family so that Sallie Mae could be paid if something happened to me.

I shit you not.
 

I kept it all because I was so amazed!
 

Just had to share it with you.
Thanks again for all of your efforts.



Well, at least their despicable antics can occasionally make us chuckle. Thanks, Ms. Mae. Thanks for caring. 


Related Links

Suicide and Murder-Suicides

Nelnet Offering Financial Literacy?

Our favorite gal, Sallie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment