Friday, February 18, 2011

Alan Nasser, Chicago hotel hopping, and joining EduLender

I spoke to Alan Nasser a few days ago (awesome) after my third day at work (equally awesome), and some hotel hopping (decidedly not awesome).  We spoke for over an hour and a half, and the poor man most likely had bronchitis.  It was a fantastic conversation, and I am looking forward to sharing that interview with all of you.

It was after a long day at my new job for EduLender, and even though I hadn't eaten for hours and was tired, I had been looking forward to having this conversation for two weeks. But you probably already guessed that from the above paragraph. I was elated, too, because I had just met the crew at EduLender, here in Chicago (where I'm still 'residing'), and am absolutely delighted to be joining them as their managing editor of EduTrends.

Nasser and I, not surprisingly, are on the same page about a lot of things, and it was an absolute honor and privilege to connect with him.

I am headed to Valparaiso University this evening, and will be talking to the 7th SBA Circuit tomorrow about the student lending crisis and student loan debt.

Stay tuned for my interview with Nasser and an update about my talk tomorrow.

Good night. Good luck.

Related links

Alan Nasser

"Cockeyed Economics," CounterPunch, Oct. 9, 2009.

"New Liberalism Writes Its Obituary," CounterPunch, Sept. 21, 2009

"The Bailout Lie Exposed: Financial 'Big Boys' Never Intended To Lend Out Their Windfall,"
Global Research, Oct. 28, 2008

EduLender

"Interview With EduLender Founder, Suyeon Khim," Technori, Feb. 9, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment