Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New speaker Marie-Anne H. in action

New Speakers Bureau member Marie-Anne H. gave her first presentation this past Friday to a group of students at Alternative School No. 1. The presentation was with teacher and Center affiliate Jo Cripps, whose middle school class jumped at the opportunity to hear Marie-Anne's unique presentation.

Marie-Anne tells the story of her grandmother and mother - both part of the French resistance during the Holocaust:

When I was a little girl, I heard stories around the dinner table from family members about what happened during the Nazi German occupation of Paris, home of my mother’s family. My Grandmother has always been my hero, as she helped to save 300 Jewish refugees escape to Free France.

If you would like to learn more about Marie-Anne H. and/or the Holocaust Center's Speakers Bureau, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment