Saturday, April 16, 2011

DUSTING: DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS

Do you have a stringed instrument that needs a good dusting that simply playing it won't give? Try this tip.

A French architect told me about how one of his more meticulous clients kept her personnel busy dusting every nook and cranny, baseboards included, of her pied-à-terre in Paris with high quality, natural bristle artist's paintbrushes. After having rolled my eyes imagining myself dabbling over my entire apartment and its eclectic contents with post-modern strokes, it occured to me that this is the best way to clean in between the strings of musical instruments. Computer keyboards, too.

I use, however, an ordinary, but soft, virgin housepainter's brush for a wider sweep.






Vocabulary
un pied-à-terre:  a small apartment or house kept for occasional use, literally 'foot to earth'
un pinceau:  a paintbrush
poils de martre:  sable bristles
un instrument à cordes:  a stringed instrument
un clavier:  a keyboard
un ordinateur:  a computer


Text & photos ©2011 P.B. Lecron

No comments:

Post a Comment