Friday, March 11, 2011

The Answer Man

I have all the answers at  Introducing GothamSchools’ first advice column, by a principal

* What do I do when I have a student whose stated purpose in the classroom is to disrupt my lessons? -  
He/she was probably thrown out of a charter school.
* Where can I find more paper?! -  
Go teach in a charter school

* How do I teach reading to fifth-grade students who are reading at a pre-primer reading level?-
Go teach in a charter school- all those kids were sent to public schools.

* What should I do when a student throws a chair or desk?-
He/she was probably thrown out of a charter school.

* When and how do I tell my principal that other teachers aren’t doing their job, and it’s affecting mine?- First - the principal should know - if he/she doesn't, the teacher is probably a pal. Second - Join E4E and they'll tell you exactly how to snitch.
* How do I work with my principal to address school-wide safety concerns?
Go teach in a charter school- they ignore safety concerns.

* When is it appropriate to ask for outside help in dealing with a disruptive student? How do I do it?
- Go teach in a charter school - they remove disruptive students

* How will I know, as a first-year teacher, if I’m doing a good job?- 
You're doing a much better job than any teacher making more money than you. Ask Black and Bloom -

No comments:

Post a Comment