Wednesday, March 23, 2011

50 teachers attend Holocaust seminar in Tacoma


From the participants:

"I had just taught a unit on Holocaust and genocides for the first time and was looking for more information to supplement my knowledge. This was the perfect event for me."


"I have never been so moved. Thank you for being committed to telling and teaching these stories."


"The excellent speakers greatly inspired me and increased my interest in the subject!"


Over 50 teachers attended the Holocaust Center's "Teaching and Learning about the Holocaust"seminar at Pacific Lutheran University on Friday, March 18th. The seminar was part of PLU's annual Powell and Heller Holocaust Conference.

Speakers for the day included: Carl Wilkens, the only American to stay in Rwanda during the genocide; Nick Coddington and several of his outstanding students from Charles Wright Academy, Tacoma; Holocaust survivor Noemi Ban; scholar Patrick Henry; and Nelli Trocme Hewitt, the daughter of rescuers in Le Chambon France.

Information on upcoming programs can be found at www.wsherc.org/programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment