Monday, August 30, 2010

Revolt en masse?

[Note: If you have not donated yet to the "Enough is Enough" campaign, please chip in $5-$10 today! I have sent off my forms to create a bank account for Education Matters. Once that is in place, I will be filling out the forms to turn us into a 501(c)(4)].

A civilization which leaves so large a number of its participants unsatisfied and drives them into revolt neither has nor deserves the prospect of a lasting existence. -Sigmund Freud

A highly educated connection, who is also an alum of Harvard, recently asked me about my thoughts on whether or not the indentured educated class ought to revolt en masse. As this reader indicated in their message, I have indeed been asked this question before, and many people have implored me to support such a move. I will refrain from sharing my thoughts (most of you already know my stance), but would like to know what you think. Should all student debtors revolt together? Would it work? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment