Saturday, June 12, 2010

Who wants a sneak peek?

After editing several drafts, my paper, "The Plight of Current Borrowers: An Appeal For Immediate Relief," has been sent to the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow PUSH Coalition! 

I was asked to include an overview of the work along with the entire paper (it's a total of 25 pages or thereabouts), and the former will be presented out loud tomorrow. In addition, copies will be distributed to the panel and to those attending the discussion

I also sent it to some key policy analysts, and already know that one of them will be reading it before they attend the conference tomorrow. That was great to hear.

I am very excited about this paper, and think that the best part of it comes from you: the voices of the indentured educated class. Thank you so much again for letting me include your stories in this paper. I will be including many more of your voices in my book, and I've already received so many willing volunteers who will be a major part of that manuscript.

Let me also publicly thank the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow PUSH Coalition for inviting me to be a panelist on a panel discussing student loan reform. While I truly regret not being able to attend, I am confident that I will cross paths with good people who are committed to truly solving the student lending crisis in the future.

With the news that this paper is completed, who's interested in a sneak peek? (Please post your answers below and not on my Facebook). Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment