Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Senator Webb's Letter - The Condensed Version

In my latest piece, "Next Letter Writing Campaign - Aiming For Specific Targets," I referenced the various letter writing campaigns that have taken place over the past few months. I also included links to responses I've received from my own networking and advocating, one of which was a letter I received after writing to Senator Jim Webb (D-VA). Sen. Webb's state houses the insidious Sallie Mae's headquarters. They used to be down the road from me, and it was quite difficult to even drive past their loansharking biz. Oh, on top of that, here's a list of his campaign contributors. Wow. Shocking. Sallie Mae is on that list. You can read Senator Webb's entire response here. Not surprisingly, it was more than just disappointing. One reader provided this short analysis. They did it quite well and crudely: "Summary of Jim Webb's letter: "I want you to think I'm on your side, but you're on your own. Piss off."

Need I say more?






No comments:

Post a Comment