Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Quote By The President

In response to my quote about education made by the President, one of my readers, Ms. H, wrote: 

"We have an obligation and a responsibility to be investing in our students and our schools. We must make sure that people who have the grades, the desire and the will, but not the money, can still get the best education possible."  - Barack Obama

She added under this quote:

Mr. President, with the deepest respect, I pushed education and my children got higher degrees.They both are in so much debt! My son is called 15 times a day by Sallie Mae and my daughter is done [with her] residency. . . praying each day her loans will not come due before her 5 years is done. Will they ever have kids, get married, or have a moment of peace? I can't tell you about the shame, betrayal, surreal, fear, and lack of hope. We need you to fix this. . . Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment