Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm Excited About: Mama PhD


It's a book, a blog, and a t shirt. I realize, sadly, that I'm quite late to the party here-- but hey, at least I finally realized there was a party!

Mama(s) PhD are a group of women who seem pretty much like me and my friends, working hard to make it all happen. Their writings reflect a sense of the realness of life. Life, is oh so real. Like today, when I'm working hard with my colleague Doug Harris on our new survey instrument (while sipping lattes at Starbucks b/c their new free wifi is tres cool) and I get a text message from my nanny informing me that my son has pooped 4 times -- and it's only 10:30 am!

Ok...so... what am I to do about that? Respond to said, scary, text? Keep arguing with Doug about how best to measure "work centrality"? (Here's a measure--How about, if your toddler was pooping a lot but you were at work, would you stay at work?)

I dunno. Me, I texted back-- checked in-- and kept going. Conor seems to have survived the day.

Now, who wants to get me one of those hot t-shirts??

No comments:

Post a Comment