Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Khaled Nordin is the new Minister for Higher Education

This just in - Mustapha Muhamed or Tok Pah in this blog has been moved to the Agriculture Ministry and Khaled Nordin, former Works Minister, has been named as the new Minister for Higher Education. I don't know much about Khaled Nordin's record at the Works Ministry but he's generally avoided the headlines. But I can't help but be disappointed that Tok Pa has been moved. He's done so much while at the MOHE, most of which I've written approvingly of, that I would have liked him to see through. I'm not sure it's something that you can quickly pick up as a new Minister. I wish Tok Pa all the best in his new posting and welcome Khaled Nordin to his new post. You can be sure that we'll be keeping a close eye on him. I'll come up later with a list of educational priorities which the new government and opposition should focus on. I'm sure Tony will chime in later as well our readers.

P.S. Correction: One of our readers astutely pointed out that Khaled Nordin actually held the position of the Minister of Entrepreneurial and Cooperative Development (MECD). The Works Minister was previously Sammy Vellu.

No comments:

Post a Comment